Tamara has been volunteering with Friends With Dignity since we were founded in September 2015.
Nothing is ever too much trouble for our friend Tamara. She has been a Team Leader on a number of sanctuaries, helped as a key drop off point for other team leaders, collected and dropped off donations, managed urgent requests, assisted with prize donations for events on top of her role as a Coordinator for White Goods, and our Crisis and Pamper Packs.
Outside of her volunteer work with Friends, Tamara is a full time small business owner, loving wife and proud mother of three wonderful children.
Why I volunteer with Friends With Dignity
I volunteer because I’m a survivor of domestic violence and for me it’s important to support survivors take those first scary steps when they leave violent homes. Every sanctuary and urgent request I complete reminds me that it could have been me and my kids. We had support when the relationship broke down and I want to make sure every family who leaves that situation has the same incredible support that me and my kids did.
Tamara is currently coordinating 200 Crisis and Pamper Packs
Our Crisis and Pamper Packs are for women entering refuge and clients moving into their new sanctuary. We aim to provide our friends with not only the essentials but a little bit of luxury as they take the next steps in their journey free from violence and abuse.
What’s included in crisis and pamper packs
- Personal hygiene products
- Hair brushes, hair ties and accessories
- Hair care products: shampoo, conditioner, styling products
- Nail care products: manicure sets, nail polish, cuticle oil, nail files
- Skin care products: cleaner, toner, moisturiser, face masques, soaps, lotions
- Deodorants, perfumes and fragrances
- Toiletries bag
THANK YOU to our amazing friends
Jak Vaessen and his amazing girlfriends and clients have donated over 200 hair brushes, a stack of beautiful toiletry bags and cosmetics for our Crisis and Pamper Packs.
We can’t forget our beautiful friends at Ejiri Hair Studio and their clients for donating a fantastic collection of brushes for our Crisis and Pamper Packs.
How you can help
- Organise a drive with your friends, school or office and email email@example.com to organise us to collect them from you.
- Donate online and we will purchase items for the Crisis and Pamper Packs on your behalf.
- Volunteer with Friends With Dignity and help us help one friend at a time.