Complementing the Friends With Dignity Urgent Request program, the FriendSafe initiative will provide an extra level of security to help those who have fled a violent situation, as well as those who may still be at risk, by providing them with a Personal Safety Device.
These devices are most suitable for individuals:
- At immediate risk of abuse of violence,
- Have fled their homes or currently homeless,
- Awaiting availability in Refuge or housing,
- Still living in their home with the perpetrator, or the perpetrator has been removed from the family home, or
- Living in their new home, however they currently feel unsafe in their home, or unsafe to undertake everyday activities outside the home.
A Personal Safety Device looks and acts like any other smart watch, with the important additional feature: The ability to connect with emergency services any time of the day or night 365 days a year, with the push of a button, eliminating the need for a phone.
When triggered the device will alert anyone identified in the individuals Safety Plan which has been digitally imbedded into the device.
Utilising the latest technology, monitored personal Safety alarms for individuals and families are now even more discreet than ever.
How to Apply:
Please complete the Application form below if you are an Individual or Agency interested in accessing the FriendSafe Program.
For further information or to request an information session email firstname.lastname@example.org